Sunday, September 30, 2012

work vs school

Both are hard. But here is what I have found to be the BIGGEST difference between working and being in school.

TIME.

I believe I feel like I have less free time as a full time worker. Whatever though, that isn't the biggest thing.

The biggest part about time is that it goes by in a way where you don't realize it going away.

Last year in school the month of september to right now went by, and there were always little landmarks (i.e. assignment due this day, potluck THIS day, quiz this day) and so I realized at least where the time was, and where it was going to.

When I am working nothing is different from day to day. Work this day, work this day, work this day. The days blend together a lot more. Thanksgiving is next weekend and last year at school it felt like so much happened before thanksgiving weekend approached. Now it is like..

its thanksgiving already?

WHERE DID THE TIME GO AND WHAT DID I EVEN DO WITH IT?

I don't know if that makes sense, its just like weird.

Because time away goes by at the same speed. But at least in school there are landmarks and the days are never the same. With work - it is such a routine that things just blend and time just mashes and all of a sudden its gone.

1 comment:

  1. I'll right away take hold of your rss as I can not find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me realize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

    Take a look at my weblog read more here
    my page - easy loans quick

    ReplyDelete