Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Opportunities: Should we take them?

You may think that is just a sarcastic title, but it is a question that keeps coming up in my life and it is STRESSING ME OUT. It really isn't as intuitive an answer as you'd think.

Opportunities come along, sure, but how often do we really take them? Think of everything that has ever passed you by, and all the times you have said no. Big opportunities, and small - they come, they go - and usually we don't even know the better.

Why do we say no? Because sometimes it just doesn't make sense in our lives, sure. But mostly, we say no because we are scared. Scared of change. Scared of making mistakes. Scared. Straight up.

I don't want to get into details because I DONT EVEN KNOW REALLY, but a really amazing opportunity has come up in my life - and its actually stressed me out so terribly. Because, like I said, it is INCREDIBLE. But it is also terrifying, and would cause a huuuuuuuge lifestyle change.

Even if it is a temporary thing, it is still a huge change. But the scariest thing is that it could be such a good thing that it turns into something more, and all my plans about my life will be changed to fit with this opportunity.

So that could mean I wouldn't end up in Guelph with all my friends? Or even that I don't live close to my family? Or end up marrying Joe Jonas?

It is so scary to take an opportunity when you know how much it could change.

But here's the thing: we are so young, and really - now is the time. If something amazing comes along, it is almost crazy to pass it up. Because we are just getting started, and most of us are sitting around WAITING for life to start and being stressed because, well, it isn't.

I don't know.

Growing up is so so SOOOO hard. But it is so exciting.


We have to take a chance every once in a while, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment