Monday, September 17, 2012

My "diet"

I eat what my body wants. I never limit ANYTHING because then I end up dying because its all I can think about and I end up planning my meals all the time, when I am at work, when I am reading, anything - I can't focus on anything but food.

Any diet does that to me, too.

Now I know about food and nutrition, I know what my body wants and what it needs and I try to meet those needs. And since having a healthier relationship with food I haven't struggled as much with body image or weight gain. I'm not saying that I am eating junk all the time, I eat very healthy - but its through a combination of knowing what nutrition my body requires, learning what food helps reach that, and what I crave.

A very close person in my life just lost a lot of weight due to changing her perspective on food - she stopped obsessing, she started losing (weight, that is).

ANYWAY. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

But you know what? A CRAVING IS A FREAKING CRAVING. and I think if it lasts for more than a couple hours - even after you have drank lots of water and ate saistfying meals - I say go for it, because it will drive you bonkers if you dont.

I'm indulging in haagen dazs today. We all do it.
Just make it feel like a special occasion and you won't regret it.


Nom.

1 comment: