Monday, September 3, 2012

Guelph Graduate Grumpiness


As you know, I graduated from Guelph this past summer - and it was the best day of my life. All my hard work, hours of it, finally being paid off for one single piece of paper that says "I did it!"

I wouldn't change anything for that feeling I had on graduation. The pride, and just everything about it is so special.... but this past weekend, as I was back in Guelph with all my friends - as they were moving back in and partying - I realized that this wasn't my life anymore.

Sure, I get to visit whenever I want.. but thats all I ever am now, a visitor.

As I was leaving today and saying goodbye to all my friends it hit me how much my life is about to change. That part of my life is over. I will ALWAYS have those friends and the memories.. but I am alumni now, and have a full time job. So when the weekend is over, so is my fantasy that I am back living in Guelph.

I am going to miss it so much. I can't actually believe that I am not moving in right now, that I am sitting on my lazy-boy chair with my stupid annoying cat in Chatham and that I have no classes to study for. No rent to worry about. None of the things that I have gotten totally accustomed to in the last 4 years. It's a shock to the system.

I miss being a gryphon. Being a honorary gryphon is awesome, but just not the same.


3 comments:

  1. So what big plans do you have now your a graduate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh ya know... just living at home for a year, making some money... then back to school for a year for human resources! :) my dream is HR in some sort of medical profession! woop.

      Delete
  2. 100% agree with you here Kelsey! I just came back from Guelph - it definitely feels different just knowing I'm not a student anymore!

    ReplyDelete