Thursday, September 13, 2012

Best Compliment.

Today at work I got complimented on the one thing I really pride myself on - my attitude (the positivity aspect of it, anyway).

How many times have I blogged about the impact of a smile? Seriously, it is like the mantra of my life. You never know what a smile could mean to someone. And even if you are having a bad day, you don't ever need to put that bad day onto someone else's life. So just radiate love and you might get some back. Right?

Well its not like I am actively thinking about it at all times, but today at work a guy came up to me and was like

"Okay, well thanks for all your help. And I just want to say that I go to a lot of offices, and see a lot of people - and I think you have it right. Your positivity and kindness are so rare. I'm going to put in a good word for you!!" and then we started talking about what a difference a simple smile makes.

I just beamed ear to ear, because it wasn't like being kind and helping this guy was making me do something out of my way - it was my JOB, so I wasn't doing anything special.. and yet, it was special to him. And it made an impact.

Its just crazy how much of a habit happiness can be. You think of happiness as an emotion, but I think we have more power over it than we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment