Thursday, August 23, 2012

How to Change the World, in a Kelsey Kinda Way

Honestly, positivity spreads quicker than the swine flu - but in a waaaaaay less deadly and scary way. And I truly believe that we can change the world, one "ridiculous" comment at a time.

Yesterday it REALLY hit me what it does to people when you're positive for no reason. It takes them by surprise. Yesterday, the lab guy that travels from London to Chatham, making stops at doctors offices along the way, stopped by my desk to pick up samples and gave the classic "how are you today?" Instead of giving him what he expected to hear, I went:

"you know what, I am fabulous - thanks!"


And he was seriously like taken aback. I swear he even took a step backwards, and said "honestly, that is the first time I have ever heard someone say that! wow!" And I was like "Ohhhh stop" and helped to get the samples. And as we handed him the bag I was like "okay have a good day!" and instead of hearing what I was expecting ("thanks") he replied:

"No, I am going to have a FABULOUS day!" And I swear he walked away with a bigger smile than he came in with.

I didn't really realize the impact positivity makes on people's lives, the people who don't get enough positivity, it changes them (even if just for a few hours) and they begin to spread the fabulousness.

I don't know. I just find it amazing in it's simplicity.

And to top it off, today I called my mom and asked how she was and she went "Really good!" when I asked why she simply replied "well, why not?"

I learned from the best.


“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”

- Aristotle

2 comments:

  1. So...
    Did you guys fuck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you guys are usually up too.
    This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the amazing works guys I've included you guys to blogroll.

    Feel free to visit my web page ... think about this

    ReplyDelete