Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't Take Family For Granted.

So the thing with family is that no matter what we do, how we act, or what we say - our family will always be our family. And maybe they will just be that, our family, just a simple title, but if you're lucky - it can be so much more than that.

And I mean it. Your family can be your best friends in the entire freaking world. And as wonderful as your girls are, your friends can never touch the relationship you have with your family members. Because they have known you you're whole life, they have seen every mood, and every change. They know what you have gone through because they have seen it.

It's a pretty special bond.

So as you grow up, its easy for that bond to slip away. So I think that we need to make time for our family. And not just family get togethers. But date nights. Hanging out.

Last weekend I went out to a community party with my mom and dad and seriously it was a blast. We all danced together and laughed and drank and seriously it brought us THAT much closer. I can't explain to you how much it means to have a relationship with the people that I once took for granted.

And today, me and my sister went on an appetizer/drink date. And we bonded and we laughed. Oh my god did we laugh. And honestly it just feels so good. Because you know that family is something that is just EXPECTED and its easy to think you don't have to earn it.

But I do think you should earn it. And an effort should be made.


Family comes first. So go ahead and put them there from time to time.

Ohana.

1 comment:

  1. this was most excellent. We all know that we don't get to pick our family. I feel so lucky that we've chosen to be friends (but remember I'm still the MOM!). Love you - see you tomorrow a.m.

    ReplyDelete