Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aching For The Past.

Sometimes it really bothers me how fast time goes by. How it can feel like a month when really it has been a year - and yet, in that "month" of a year so much can happen...
and you can't do anything to stop it or even slow down. life happens.


It gets overwhelming sometimes, life, and it's because each day flies by and soon the days are blending into each other and before we know it time has gone by and everything is different than it was a year ago.

Sometimes I close my eyes, and I can feel the feelings that I felt last summer, or the summer before... and then I ache for those feelings. Not because I want to go back, and not because I want to change anything, but because I feel like we never get to mourn those feelings being lost - because they get lost in a blur and we don't notice they are gone until it is too late.

It is such a weird feeling, aching for your past - because it doesn't always mean that you WANT to go back. You just want to grasp everything as it was ONE last time and give it a proper goodbye.

I think thats why we have broken hearts and why we get sad a lot. Because a lot of the time we don't have reason, really, and a lot of the time things are really going well for us.. and yet we just ache. We get overwhelmed with lost emotions and we can't explain it and we frustrate ourselves.

It happens to me all the time, anyway.

But what I try to do, and what I recommend you all try if you find yourself spiralling into your past, is to just take a moment (maybe a long moment) and just remember what it was about that summer, or those feelings, and why things are the way they are now. Stop thinking about what you would do different or what life would be like if nothing ever changed, just logically play it out and be thankful for the person you are right now. in this exact moment. just be.

and be happy that you can just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment