Monday, July 30, 2012

YOU deserve this.

Every now and then, you deserve a bit of time where you do NOTHING but things for yourself. And don't give a crap about how lazy/gross/unproductive you are being!

And I mean it when I say "every now and then", because if you do it too much - it loses its magic and becomes "laziness"... but if you do it every once in a while, you will feel so rejuvenated and be ready to take on life with a new and improved vigour!

I took today off of work, and honestly - it just feels so good. I don't have any appointments, anywhere to be, nothing. I am taking the day off just for me - and damn, its been good. It started last night where i made my favourite JUNK foods (pizza pops, white cheddar mac and cheese, doritos.. ) and then proceeded to get in my favourite comfy clothes (justin bieber concert tshirt, NO BRA, and comfy shorts), plopped myself on the couch - and remained there for hours. Watching sex in the city and just feeling good.

Not lazy, good.

Because I knew I don't do this very often, and I needed it. And honestly, it felt good to just eat. And eat. And then eat some more. I feel like as girls we restrict ourselves SO much that if we don't just indulge every once and a while we will end up going crazy. Like, really crazy. So.. you know... YOLO!

Then I went into bed, read my kindle and slept. Naturally, I woke up around 7, and then 8:30, and then 9... and just never decided to get out of bed. I just chilled and half slept and felt NO GUILT. Then when I couldn't sleep any longer I read my kindle for a bit longer.. and finally when the hunger was too intense, I pulled myself away from the memory foam and got some yogurt.


Now, I am kind of over my indulgent phase - and am ready to tackle my school work and get my life back on track. Although, I do admit that leaving bed this morning and NOT going back was probably the hardest thing I have had to do in a loooooong time.

Nights/days of indulgent are JUST THE TICKET when you are feeling overwhelmed, sad, stressed and a little lethargic. Just give yourself permission to just be gross and love it. And you will come out of it loving yourself more, and more ready for life.

Happy lazing (and feeling damn good about it), everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment