Monday, July 16, 2012

Metallic Nail Polish: A Review by Kelsey

My mom bought the metallic nail polish, so of course me and my sister had to give it a try. My sister did it first because she was out at the cottage a few days before me - and when she came home I was so jealous - it looked amazing.

And I thought, well if brooke can do so can I. Because I am honestly a nail polish genie. I am so good at applying nail polish (because I do it like every other day). So yeah, piece of cake, right? the steps were "apply a thin layer to each nail. let dry. then add a thick layer to one nail, hold the magnet over top of the nail for 10 seconds. and then repeat for the rest of the nails. easy?

NOT EXACTLY.

This is a picture of my final end product... but getting to this point took a few tries, i.e. I had to redo my ENTIRE set of nails once, and then had to redo a few nails here and there. And lets be honest, I could have fixed up a few of these nails, too.

I struggled really really hard. I had to redo both sets of hands once entirely, and then I had to redo a few nails from scratch a few times as well. They made it sound soooooo easy, but it really wasn't. It was tough and TOTALLY counter-intuitive from normal nail polish application. When it says on the label to "apply a thick layer of nail polish and then place the magnet above your nails" they dont mean a double coat kind of thick. they mean THIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!! Like glob that stuff right on. Because if you don't, the magnet has nothing to work with and your nails wont look cool (just like normal nail polish).

Also, I tended to hit my nail polish off the magnet, so you have to be careful not to squish it too much. But that is easy once you get the hang of it. And once you are done you have to do nothing for a while because the nail polish are sooo thick that if you touch anything it squishes and looks crappy. That was my biggest problem for sure.

So my sister was amazing at doing magnet nail polish (see? perfect.), I was totally terrible. But when I got it, it got easier. But it actually really frustrated me - so hopefully this can help you to do a better job when you first try it.

Moral of the story, when doing the 2nd coat before the magnet GLOB THE POLISH ON. Don't hold back. And you will have fabulous nails. Because yeah, it looks awesome and everyone will attest to that! Trust, you will get maaaaaad amounts of compliments.

1 comment:

  1. When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me
    when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the same comment. There has to be a means you can remove me from that service?

    Thank you!

    my website; read more at their blog

    ReplyDelete