Wednesday, July 25, 2012

22 things; 22 years

1. One of my favourite tattoos is my tattoo of Paco's paw print. Because Paco currently HATES me because he felt betrayed when I got Frankie and hasn't been able to let that grudge go. It is so ironic and funny. But I plan to never get it changed, because Paco was a really special part of my life for a long time. And now he is a special part of brooke's life. S'all good.


2. I never tell anyone to call me Kels. Most people don't. But if you do and I don't cringe, it probably means you are special.

3. My puppy is the cutest thing in the entire world.


4. Justin Bieber is the 2nd cutest.

5. I still like the jonas brothers so much more than Justin Bieber, but at the moment Justin Bieber is more exciting and more fun to joke with because more people get the reference. This makes me sad, but I deal.


6. If you want an amazing treat, try eating plain chips with broken up pieces of milk chocolate. Be careful, it is fat pants inducing.

7. Anyone who wears a bra when they don't need to (IE HOME ALONE/SLEEPING) is crazy to me. But on the same note, anyone who doesn't wear a bra when they should is also crazy. Catch 22.


8. I hate knees. Front and back. They creep me the eff out.

9. I have the best friends in the world. I know everyone says it but I mean it. They have been there for me through everything, and I like to think I have been there for them too. They know everything about me, and they love that. And we all went through our most critical years together, and became good people side by side.. I think that is pretty amazing, and best friends can only really be formed that way.


10. There is nothing worse than someone arguing/getting grumpy with you over something insignificant. I find that the best response is a polite smile and ending the conversation. Otherwise it gets out of hand and you end up upset. Dur.

11. There is nothing better than a well executed use of the term "yolo".


12. There is nothing worse than someone seriously using the term "yolo".


13. I think my dog has turned me into a better, more patient person. It is pretty amazing to take care of something that actually NEEDS you, and to put your needs aside for that something.

14. It bothers me how taboo mental health problems are. Especially depression. It happens. Probably most people you know have depression. And it has nothing to do with their life being "hard", it doesn't matter if they "have it good". Depression affects ANYONE. No discrimination. So I don't think it is fair depression is treated with discrimination.


15. The older you get, the more hangovers suck. And nothing prevents them.

16. I love being vegetarian, not because I like the label but because it feels so right and it really is easy and I am not missing anything.

17. Sister's intuition is something to be trusted. Brooke has had some opinions that I didn't listen to until it was too late. And I feel foolish because it has happened multiple times. But sisters always seem to know whats up.


18. People change. And I mean, really change. And it happens fast. Especially in the late teen-early twenties years. Most of the people you know now were probably SO different a few years ago. And if they are the exact same, thats generally not such a good thing. Change is natural. Change is good. So that's why I believe that some people deserve second chances. Not all people. There are good and bad people. But the people who are good but a little misguided, they deserve a second chance. Want to know if someone deserves a second chance? They try to make it happen.

19. Butterflies and moths terrify me to like a weird extreme. I don't mind seeing them but when they are close, oh looooordy you better plus your ears.


20. I could have easily filled up these 20 posts with how awesome my family/friends/puppy are. Thats how amazing they all are.

21. There is a big difference between being boring and knowing when to settle down. Don't punish people if they don't feel like going out. Sometimes, after a long day, there is NOTHING like plopping on the couch and watching a million episodes of Dexter. Let it be.

22. I love you guys. The people that read my blog. The people that take my diary and turn it into something else. The people that help to keep me going, and inspire me. I love you guys so much it hurts. You make blogging so fun and I always just hope that I can make you happy or give you something to think about or take away. Every view I get means so much, so thank you for all of them. Just, thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so good! I especially LOVE 2, 3, 7, 9, 14, 15, 17, so pretty much love all of it! Haha, so good chica!
    Emma C

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOLO! Really good post KELS... Can't wait to read your birthday post. Happy birthday eve my darling oldest daughter.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! you're so eloquent and awesome, and amazing to read. Love you KELS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my fav blog ever. Wow so good. Love you sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is very well put... Kinda puts my pimp definition to shame....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is one of the most significant info for me.
    And i'm glad studying your article. However should observation on few basic things, The web site style is great, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Excellent process, cheers

    Also visit my webpage read the source

    ReplyDelete