Monday, June 18, 2012

Let's Start A Movement!

After my convocation, I felt like Alastair Summerlee must have read my blog before! Because he gave some very good advice that I am constantly blogging about. Smiling!

Of course I know he probably hasn't read my blog, but I just found it amazing that my one main mantra in life was what the president of the university of guelph preached about to all the grads of 2012. But he made it very powerful, and I want to summarize it a bit. (With my own twists).

We all want to change the world, right? Well guess what?

We all CAN, and it hardly takes any effort. Its all about smiling at people - because it is a natural human reaction: when you smile at someone they will smile back. They can't help it. Maybe it will take a moment or two, but if you are persistent you will be able to get a smile out of them!

Maybe you don't feel like smiling, but maybe the person you smile at needed it even more than you would. You never know what someone is going through in their personal life, so why would you do anything that would increase their suffering?

It doesn't take any extra time in your life, and yet it has the power to change the moods of those around you. And with that, you can change the world's of those people. And with that - you will change the world.

Let's start a movement: let's start smiling.


:)

1 comment: