Thursday, March 29, 2012

What my mom thinks of me......

background info: I decided to call my mom up and tell her some VERY exciting news I just received. We talk often, so getting a call from me isn't out of the ordinary.. but rarely do I have news that I am this ecstatic about.

Kelsey: MOM! Guess what?

Mom: What?

Kelsey: No, you have to TRY to guess. It is the best and most exciting news in the WORLD for me, you are going to die! I'm dying!

Mom: You got a job?!?!

Kelsey: uh, no.

Mom: YOU GOT A BOYFRIEND?!?!

Kelsey: uh, no.

Mom: Well then frankly, I don't know.

Kelsey: .......

And at this point, it didn't matter what my news was.. because no, I am still jobless, and still boyfriendless.... and clearly, that is all my mom thinks could possibly be exciting in my life...


LOVE YA TOO MOM!

But seriously.. I mean, my fault. My exciting news had no context and we had never talked about anything like it before, so asking her to guess was really outrageous.. I know my mom loves me and is proud of me no matter what I do. But I think maybe she would be SLIGHTLY more proud if I had a job and boyfriend. Classic.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - feelin' just a little schmucky at this end. Firstly - always proud. Secondly - when you're happy - I'm happy. Thirdly - when you're excited - so am I.
    I would only not be proud if you did not try to be the best that you are - and at this moment - I am very proud. Figure that out if you can.
    I will blog - only to post a "proud-o-meter"....
    LOVE - YOUR WILD & CRAZY MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I don't see what I'm supposed to be proud of on your blog...
    What's with that?????

    ReplyDelete