Sunday, March 11, 2012

Can you be my Jack.. and I'll be your Rose?

Thanks a lot, again, to Titanic. For just really teaching me another god damn life lesson. Or just making life feel a lot more complicated than it already is. But sigh, I want Jack Dawson. I want him to help me find something buried deep inside me, that could, you know, change the way I see and feel about myself and my life. Show us that there is more to life than I ever really have known.. Show me the world (shining shimmering splendid). I want to feel like I am more than just what people think, or what even I think, about myself. I want to be taken to the stars. I want to be saved.

Shit, I don't know.

All I know is that I am in love with the idea of Jack Dawson.

I guess all I am saying is maybe it would be nice to know that if I jumped, I would have someone that would jump right next to me. To be that dedicated. Just, to be there. Even when maybe I wasn't there enough for myself.

Jack: Rose, you're no picnic, all right? You're a spoiled little brat, even. But under that, you're the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl - woman - that I've ever known ...

Rose: Jack, I ...

Jack: No, let me try to get this out. You're ama - I'm not an idiot, I know how the world works. I've got ten bucks in my pocket, I have nothing to offer you, and I know that. I understand. But I'm too involved now. You jump, I jump, remember? I can't turn away without knowing you'll be all right ... That's all I want.

Rose: Well, I'm fine... I'll be fine... really.

Jack: Really? I don't think so. They've got you trapped, Rose. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but... sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose... that fire's gonna burn out...

Rose: It's not up to you to save me, Jack.

Jack: You're right... only you can do that.


Jack didn't do anything to change Rose, except show her what she had that she didn't know existed. That kind of love and honesty from someone is just so beautiful and it just makes me long for it. I need my Jack. My mom was able to find her Jack... literally... So I want mine!

No comments: