Friday, February 24, 2012

Kelsey Edwards: Dumb Blonde/Vegetarian

Hi.

So. I know you all know that I have my moments... my blonde moments... and well...

You know when there is a moment so bad that you just KNOW you will be mocked about it for the rest of your life? Well... something happened the other day, something that I did, and I just know - my family members will NEVER let it go. And really, I don't blame them - it is OUTRAGEOUS.

For those of you who don't know - I am a recent vegetarian (3 weeks strong), and I really am more of a vegetarian than I ever thought. I am now grossed out when meat is in the same vicinity as my food and can't eat things that have been touched by meat.. My sister is no longer a vegetarian but I am, and I can't see myself NOT being a vegetarian.

That being said - I had a whoops.

So we went to a coney island joint for breakfast - and me and my non-vegetarian mother and sister all ordered omlettes. I looked at the menu pretty hard and was super impressed by all the vegetarian choices! So, I ended up going with the farmer's omlette.

The lady came out with our omlettes, gave Brooke her egg-white veggie omlette, my mom her tomato/onion/feta omelette, and gave me my omelette - complete with HAM. yes, HAM!

I was like uhhh this isn't what I ordered, and then looked at the menu.. at the farmer's omelette.. and yep, ham was like the 3rd ingredient. WHO DOES THAT? I was so embarrassed. seriously, who doesn't read carefully enough that they end up ordering MEAT when they dont EAT meat.

Luckily, my mom was willing to trade with me.. So I got to enjoy (well, minus the feta) her vegetarian omelette. She's the best. Deserves an award... for putting up with my dumb shiz all these years. I can't imagine it is easy.

And I just googled it.. and like.. hate to admit this (what the members of my family have all been telling me since it has happened): bacon or ham is ALWAYS included in a farmer's omelette...

oops... who knew? NOT ME.

SO!

Moral of the story:

IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN - DO NOT ORDER THE FARMERS OMELETTE.

You're welcome for the advice.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit
    and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the exact
    same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely
    benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!


    My web page cash advance el paso tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours
    and my users would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Many thanks!

    Here is my web-site :: cash advance el paso tx
    Also see my site > top article

    ReplyDelete