Friday, December 9, 2011

happy birthday

Happy birthday to one of the best people in my life.

To the man who never gave up on me, even when I was a total terror (and really a big ol bitch).

To the man who supports me through my struggles and is there to give me much needed reality checks. The man who picks me up when I am down, the man I know will be the first person I call if I am in trouble.

To the man who makes my mother feel like a princess every single day. The man who helped me see what true love looks like, and helped me to understand that true love is worth waiting for and once you have it it should never fade.

To the man who pretends to love his dog Dexter more than me, because he is worried about picking favourites and upsetting Dexter (that's right, I am on to you).

To the man who inspires me to be a better me, to not give up when it feels so easy.

To the man I am so happy and so fricken lucky to call my dad.

I love you, papa bear!

And don't worry - you don't look a day over 55 ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I just read this together. Not only brought a smile to his face but tears to his eyes. WOW! (which is MOM upside down). Sometimes you do that to both of us - you know WOW us (cool story MOM). Jack is so very proud of you.
    Your favorite anonymous commenter

    ReplyDelete