Monday, November 14, 2011

qod: johnny depp (on being weird)

I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.

I don't try to be Captain Weird, I just do what I do.

If there's any message, it is ultimately that it's okay to be different; that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.

We're all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy. Every single one of us.

As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.

People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.

-Johnny Depp

No comments:

Post a Comment