Friday, November 11, 2011

I recommend: loose leaf tea

Alright. Here it is. Another wintery(ish) product review. But really, it plays a role in my life all year round... Loose leaf tea.

Why is it so much better than regular tea?

Because you can literally taste every single flavour (and see it too). Each sip is like an exotic explosion in my mouth. And not only that, but you can get every single flavour you can imagine. You can blend flavors to make a new creation, or you can enjoy a pre-made flavor (which are pretty insane - like peach ginger oolong, etc etc).

For me, I am obsessed with fruit flavored loose leaf tea. It is the kind of flavors you cannot possibly find in the aisles at zehrs. For example, acai blueberry ft. pineapple = TO DIE FOR. Or there is a raspberry lemonade flavor that I cannot possibly get enough of. My brother Dale really enjoys "dessert" teas, such as a caramel banana tea, or chocolate mint tea. So basically, if you can imagine a flavor - it probably exists. The possibilities are endless.....

Yeah, loose leaf tea is the shit.

Another reason I am so pro-loose leaf tea is due to my severe dehydration. I have said it before, and will say it again, I do not drink nearly enough water. It is tasteless and boring, and drinking it is a chore. But loose leaf tea has the ability to hydrate you as well, and tastes amazing AND it provides you with anti-oxidants (triple whammy woah).

At zero calories, it is a guilt-free way to hydrate yourself. Well, kind of guilt free. It is a little pricey, but for me, it is way more than worth it.

Because it "tis the season" you should do what I do, and ask for loose leaf tea for christmas. It may not seem like the greatest present, but you will end up using it more than a random junky gift. My christmas list this year involved about 10 different types of tea. And a teavana individual serving perfect tea brewer. Which I also recommend, because brewing loose leaf tea can be a pain (you get little fuzzies in your mug sometimes). But the tea brewer makes a perfect and fuzz-less cup every time.

I dont know guys, take the plunge and go for it. Your taste buds will thank you. And then you will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment