Sunday, September 11, 2011

we remember

I don't know about you guys, but I remember the day that 9/11 happened.

I was in grade 6, and Mr. Deactis (our principal) made an announcement explaining the events that just took place. I really did not quite understand it all, but I knew that something terrible had happened and a lot of people were hurt.

I got home, and I had a friend over, and instead of hanging out and having fun, we spent the entire time watching the news and having my parents explain to us what this all meant.

It rocked my world. I couldn't sleep anymore, all I could do was watch the news on my crappy little room tv. I had never seen something so terrible in my entire life, and I couldn't turn my head away.

I remember the thing that kept me awake most at night, were the clips of people jumping from the towers. At first, I honestly did not understand. Why would they do that? But then it hit me, they would rather jump to their deaths than suffer in the burning wreck they were trapped in. Those images still haunt me to this day.

It is really important to remember. Because those events changed the world as we knew it.

My heart goes out to everyone who was affected by the 9/11 events.

We remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment