Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Wednesday Wisdom by Kelsey

I feel like I am wisest on Wednesdays, so here it goes:

It is so easy to be sad. Seriously. It is so easy to wake up and just give in to all the stress and struggles in your life. Because, lets face it - growing up is hard. We always have something on our plates, or someone to please, or maybe we just got our hearts broken. Whatever it is, we have responsibilities. Responsibilities that sometimes stress us out, and bring us down.

So like I said, it is SO easy to give in to all of it. To just let it bring you down, and keep you from being all that you can be.

It isn't as easy to fight against it, and let happiness shine through. I honestly feel like in order to be "happy", you need to make a conscious effort. (which, sucks. why can't we just BE happy? you know?)

But this is how it is, at least it is for me, and I know a lot of people who go through life miserable.

So just do me a favor:

Tomorrow, just wake up and literally say "today will be a good day". And then, SMILE. force a smile on your face at all times. When you are walking, when you are talking to people, just, do it. It may feel weird. But you will actually TRICK your mind... and guess what? you will actually be happier.

You know. I don't believe in the whole destiny thing.. but I feel like you can create your futures. This year, I said, was going to be my year. And look - it is. I dont think destiny had anything to do with that. I think I had something to do with it.

When you bring to the world all you have, people will respond.

They can't help but respond.

Do you know how refreshing it is to see a happy person? That's because it is so rare. When you are exuding happiness, people can't help but be drawn in to you - because it is something that they probably haven't seen in a while.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, give it back a thousand reasons to smile.

Find your happiness - and please, share it with the world.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. Remember the time you said to me - you're happy all the time? What did I say?
    I am so proud of you Lulu Lettuce!!
    Love You - Mom
    ps - I'm the anonymous commenter....

    ReplyDelete