Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ah, look at all the lonely people

Way back in the 60's, The Beatles posed a good question, one that people are still asking today.. "All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong?" It is a great question, one I don't exactly have an answer for, but I do have some thoughts on.

I know that so many of my friends would agree with me when I say this: I feel so lonely, so much of the time, and yet - I am rarely alone. I spend so much time with friends and family, and yet, there is a part of me that always feels so tragically alone.

We don't really understand it either, I know I feel pretty ridiculous when I say that I am lonely, and I really mean no disrespect to my amazing friends and family.

There is just something so broken and alone in us.

I think, really, this is evolutionary. We are made to mate. Really now. So what I think this means in today's society, a society where we are delaying mating and relationships in place of education and career, is that no matter how fulfilling our endeavors are, there is a part of our evolutionary selves that is missing.

And yet, we AREN'T ready for all that. I honestly believe that, too. I am not just saying it to make a point. I cannot possibly imagine getting married and having kids for yearssssss. Boys my age definitely aren't ready. And yet, I am longing for something more than what I have. I don't think I have a choice to feel any different either. I am not exactly complaining, it just, sucks.

I don't want to be in a relationship because I'm lonely, I want to be in one when I am ready. I feel like so many people become stuck for this very reason, and it is really sad to see.

But as mama and papa bear would say:

"it is better to be lonely and single, than to be lonely and in a relationship."

PREACH!

2 comments:

  1. You have learned so much my little cricket...Love You. Mama & Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insight beyond your years The Beatles would be proud Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete