Friday, August 26, 2011

Pictures That Are Much More Than Pictures

Do you ever look back on pictures and get really choked up at the sight of one? And for a tiny moment, you can't explain why or what is causing this... and then it happens... you realize the significance. Sometimes, it has nothing to do with the picture itself. But the events that happened after, or before, shaped your life in some way or another.

Like, I look at this picture to the left. I took this picture the day after the first day of my 20th birthday celebration parties. It was at my house, and I have five dogs. Because people were coming in and out and in and out, the dogs were getting super excited - and long story short, Dexter, my 90+ pound golden retriever ended up jumping up on me... it didnt really hurt, and I was good and tipsy, so I just brushed it off. And, I woke up with this beauty.

I posted this picture on both twitter and facebook before heading to Windsor for part 2 of my birthday celebrations. Being like "oh hey, look at my bruise. feel sorry for me. lol." That was it. That's all that picture intended to be. It never meant to MEAN something to me.

But when I look at the picture, I don't think of Dexter bruising my leg. I think of something different all together. I think of that night, and how that night set the motions of the things that were to happen in the coming months. Big things. Life changing things. See that girl in the picture? That girl isn't me anymore. Because of that night, I am the person I am today.

I don't know.

Just some of my thoughts. Thoughts that I think you can all relate to.

We all have those pictures that are so much more than just pictures.

To read my other post on the significance of pictures (which is really just a quote from One Tree Hill) click on this obnoxiously large link that just keeps getting longer and longer and longer and longer. It is a good little quote though, and it really ties in to everything I have said here. So yeah, click it. I worked hard on this link, too. Clearly. You owe me this.

No comments:

Post a Comment