Monday, August 29, 2011

be the best you that you can be

I have a good feeling about this year.

And I think that's how we need to look at every year. But not just every year, but every month. Every week. Every day. Every night. We can't be living life thinking that "tonight is going to suck" or that "this year is going to be brutal." What kind of life is that, really?

Sure, maybe we are going to face some challenges and so some things we would rather not... but it is because of these things that we get shaped and become the people of our futures.

I remember my parents telling me when I was really young (and often really grumpy) that if you decide to wake up and have a bad day, you will. But if you wake up and tell yourself that "today I will be happy", you will. Sometimes you literally have to tell yourself that. I mean it, speak those words out loud. Let those be the first words out of your mouth every day. You will notice a difference.

At this point in my life, I am so inspired to move forward... and I feel really lucky about that. Most people will hit a roadblock, and instead of moving forward and being excited - that negative attitude that is telling you that 'this is hard' wins.

I love looking at my options, and knowing I have options.

Life is so exciting. We live in a wonderful world, a wonderful world with options. Don't let those options be clouded by your attitude.

Wake up knowing that you are going to rock the absolute shit out of the day, and you will evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment