Just some wisdom I have acquired over the years:
1. A smile never hurts anyone. It is amazing to see the power of a smile. There are a lot of lonely people in the world, and sometimes all they need is a friendly smile to make their days.
2. Complaining will not make you better or get you anywhere. And most of the time, it makes you worse. If you are dwelling on your problem, it will consume you. Accept that it exists, and find a way to get around it. You will be amazed at the results. This goes for illnesses too. Just, don't complain - it does not get you any where any faster.
3. People are selfish. It is very rare that a person is not looking out for him/herself before others. Trust is not something you should put into a person very quickly. People are out for themselves, and generally have no problem hurting you to get to what they want.
4. It is not what happens to you that defines who you are. It is how you react to it.
5. Do not over complicate your life. Appreciate the small things. Remember the days in our childhoods where the smallest things would make us happy? Why don't those things make us happy anymore? Take some time, and reflect on the small things - because those are usually the best things. The simple things.
6. Love who you are. Because if you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to?
7. Some people just do not grow up. As you grow up and find yourself, you will find that some of your closest friends do not grow up alongside you. This is just a part of life. People grow apart. You will always have a special place in each others hearts.
8. Alone time is completely and utterly necessary for happiness.
9. Do what makes you happy, as long as you do not hurt anyone in the process. If someone makes fun of you for doing what makes you happy, who cares? You're doing it for you, not for them.
10. As illogical as it is, karma happens.
11. There is nothing wrong with not knowing what you want to do with your life... as long as you keep moving forward. Standing still will get you nowhere, and just makes you more confused. Keep on truckin' on, kids.