Friday, July 8, 2011

The Lovely Bones

I am an avid reader. When I have time, there is nothing that I love more than sitting down and getting engulfed in a book. I don't care if it is light or girl, or deep and heavy. If it's a good book, I will read it. Generally, if I love the book: I WILL watch the movie, but I never like the movie as much as the book.
With the book, it is so easy to let your imagination go wild and paint the perfect picture, and the actors in the movies never seem to match up.

That is always the case. Always. Except when it comes to The Lovely Bones.

I am currently 25 minutes in, and already full of chills and tears. This movie went above and beyond the book - and took the picture I had in my head, and made it so much better.

For those of you who don't know the story, it is about a 14 year old girl, Susie, who is lured away by a neighbor, and is tragically murdered. She was murdered before she had a chance to really know who she was... she was just starting to figure things out when her life was stolen away from her. But that is only the start.

The rest of the movie focuses on catching the murdered, and Susie's realization that she is dead - and how to cope with that. The emotion seen in that girl is so powerful. This movie fills me with such strong feelings, it is hard to describe.

This sounds cheesy, but this is one of the only movies that has ever really just moved me. It makes me think, it makes me sad, and it simply just makes me feel. It scares me too.

I think this movie is amazing. And, you should all watch it. I know its about 2 years old.. so, most of you have seen it. But I could watch it over and over and over again.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment