Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the show must go on

Today, my high school presented their Sears Drama play: requiem. I am so sad that I had to miss it, but I have total faith that it will make it to the next level, because they were directed by a superstar (my sister).

Sears was a part of my life for 4 years. It changed everything about me. It shaped my friends, my confidence and so much more. And so much of that had to do with the amazing Mama Lew. She just has had such an impact on so many students, she deserves a major award. This lady is incredible.

I am obviously feeling sad and happy and just emotional right now. There are so many things making me feel this way, but I am also so proud.

Here, take a look at vintage Kelsey Edwards (can you tell which one of these smiling faces is 16 year old Kelsey?). This is a play that took place 4 years ago, and was beyond incredible. It was called The Chronicles of Jane: Book 7, and we made it to showcase (the highest level of sears drama that there is!). This was such a fun year, and it took up most of my life - but I wouldn't change that experience for the world. I am sure most people who were in the Requiem play today would agree with me.



basically my point is: i am so flipping proud of my sister, and all of you involved in this play. I know how much time and effort goes into these things, and I know you made Mrs. Lewis very VERY proud today.

Congrats, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment