Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

It only comes once a year.. so for those of you who enjoy your sweets - GO FOR IT! Don't hold back. Just indulge..

If I may make a recommendation: Go for a super large, and super sugary paczki. Preferably custard flavored, and glazed. If I was going to get one, this would definitely be my choice.

However... my sweet tooth comes and goes, and sadly (well.. maybe it isn't that sad, I am saving 500-1000 calories) it is gone right now.

Despite by lack of love for the sweets at the moment, I love the sweetness of fruit, it is perfect. I eat an apple or two a day, and melon galore. But I basically ignore vegetables, because they SUCK. But I know they are an important part of a person's diet, so me and my roommate came up with an amazing faux-fruit recipe.

Get ready for this.

Kelsey and Erin's Faux-Fruit Recipe

1 or 2 or 3 stalks of disgusting and boring celery

Maple Syrup (use your eyes)

Directions:

1. Take celery out of fridge.
2. You can cut it up if you feel like it, but you don't have to.
3. Take maple syrup and drizzle over celery. Or, you can put it in a little dish if you would rather dip your celery.
4. Eat.

And voila. It takes like a friggen apple.

Sweet, crunchy and watery. And it is a vegetable!

You're WELCOME.

3 comments:

  1. you ARE welcome. we're so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i want krispy kream donuts so BADLY NOW!!! thanks matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. i knowwwwwwwwwwwwww. that bite was not nearly satisfactory enough.

    ReplyDelete