Monday, February 28, 2011

anorexic beauty

What a sad sad world we live in. Where there are websites that actually promote anorexia. I went to google to look up anorexia statistics, and within the recommended searches was "anorexia tips". Awful. It just makes me so, so sad.

1-5% of girls will be anorexic at one point in their life. That is scary high. And terribly sad. When I was 14/15 I was anorexic, but thankfully I live with a doctor, so they saw what was happening to me really early and I was saved before things got to far. But I understand how easy it is to feel the pressure to be thin.

Beauty is NOT size. Please understand that. No one should have to go through that in order to feel good about themselves, because I guarantee going through anorexia does nothing but make you feel worse about yourself. No matter how thin you get, it will never be thin enough.

This video, I saw like 3 years ago, still really gets to me. It is so well done, and just shows what kind of skewed world we live in.



You are all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment