Sunday, January 16, 2011

song meanings

I love music, but I love when I know the meaning behind a song. I love how just knowing the meaning can change EVERYTHING about the way you think about it.

I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, her songs are all so relatable.. especially the ones about Joe Jonas breaking her heart.. but most of them are something we can relate to. Her newest album, Speak Now, has some really amazing songs. My two favourites are: enchanted and long live. I just figured long live was about her becoming a celebrity. However, I was wrong. My friend Shelley just informed me that she wrote that song about graduation - and that changed EVERYTHING.

I re-listened to the song, and honestly sobbed. For those of you that haven't graduated yet, I dont know if you can relate to it on this level yet - but you will. Graduation often gets overlooked, but it is a huge part of our lives. It really signifies growing up for me. It really was the moment that you knew your life was just starting. So inspiring, and emotional.. I can't imagine what it will be like to go to university graduation, probably incredible. Just knowing, that this is it. We did it.

"the night you danced like you knew our lives would never be the same"

"All the years we stood on the sidelines wishing for right now"

"it was the end of a decade, but the start of an age"

Long live, everyone! Live each day with passion and kindness.

If you haven't heard the song, you should definitely listen to it here

No comments:

Post a Comment