Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my challenge to you

i have a challenge for you all, it sounds simple, but really i think it is a lot harder than you would think.

once a day...
every day...
for the rest of your lives...

you need to look at yourself and remind yourself of at least one thing you love about yourself. It can be anything. As long as you can really look at yourself critically and focus on the positives then you are good! Like, you can see something bad - and then correct it with something positive!

In my experience it is SO much easier to look at myself and see all the things I hate, and I seem to then dwell on these things for days. These are the thoughts that ruin me, but they are also the easiest to think. Its so easy to look back and blame everything on all the short comings you have had, and to think "if I were just a bit better, just a little prettier, just a bit funnier", that things would be different.

Well, news flash: you cant change the past so stop dwelling on it! Focus on making you the best you that you possibly can. And that is only possible through self love, and sometimes it does require self improvement. Trust me, when you are a happy person and are truly happy inside-out - people WILL notice, and they will flock to you. Why should you expect others to like you and appreciate you if you can't even appreciate yourself? That's a lesson that we all need to learn, I know I'm not alone in that! I think you are all beautiful people- so I want you to feel really beautiful about yourselves, too! That is why I'm asking you to tell yourself what you like about you each and every day!

Here, I'll go first:
My skin is really itchy, all the time. But, because I moisturize it 2-4 times a day to relieve itchiness, I have skin that is softer than a baby's. So, I love how I have the softest skin and that my friends enjoy petting my arms from time to time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment