Monday, January 10, 2011

i'm not perfect

I swear too much

I have bad skin

I constantly obsess over my weight

When it comes to school, I've been pretty lazy

I check facebook way too often

It actually hurts my feelings when people don't comment my profile pictures

I cry often

I sleep all the time, naps are needed for me to function

I have a bad back/hips/neck/shoulders

My bunions are actually huge

Sometimes I make myself throw up when I'm stressed/feel fat

I care way too much what other people thing about me

I'm not even remotely healthy

BUT

I love me. A whole lot. Despite these things. 2011 is the year where I am going to become the best Kelsey that I possibly can. This involves fixing some of the above flaws I mentioned, especially the ones about swearing, being unhealthy, having bad body image issues.. but it also involves accepting the things I can't change (hello, bunions!) and actually starting to love those things. They are what makes me, ME! And I admit, I am pretty awesome. I can't be so hard on myself - because then the only thing I can expect is people to be hard on me back. Right? When I said love one another I really should have said love one another AND YOURSELF. Self-love is so important. And I'm 20 years old, it's about time I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment